With the blessings of the Devas, we are delighted to launch the Devas Music Academy. The purpose of this academy is to explore music and dance as forms of sadhana or spiritual practice.
The Power of Creativity
Artistic expressions are reflections of divinity in the purest and most sacred form. They have immense spiritual power. Human existence in the present time often downplays the power of creativity as it is relatively more is more left-brained. Creativity has the power to open your heart and become familiar with your unchanging nature, where the complete, whole, and perfect being already is.
If you often feel dull or gloomy, it could be that part of your dreariness comes from not expressing your truest self, from not being “plugged in” to any creative outlet.
We encourage you to invoke your creative side and express your heart through our first online course at the Devas Music Academy – the ‘Naad Sadhana’.
Naad Sadhana classes combine meditation and classical singing. Classical music in itself is meditative in nature and helps you develop one pointed focus, and disappear into something bigger, into nothingness. We hope that Naad Sadhana creates a kind of spiritual discipline that raises you inner being to peace, bliss and stillness, where you taste the essence of the Divinity that music and meditation reflect.
“Music is the instrument by which passions are sublimated, emotions are tamed, impulses directed to higher purposes” – Sai Baba –
“You should sing wholeheartedly with the desire to please God. God makes no distinction between a proficient musician and a beggar in the street. It is the devotion and sincerity that matter. Merge your soul in your singing. Spiritualize your singing. Then you will experience real bliss…” – Sai Baba –
Naad Sadhana – Foundation Course (Online) Details
Neeraj Golwalkar – Neeraj is a well accomplished Hindustani Vocal Singer and is a Sangeet Visharad. He is also a Sai student and has a mesmerizing voice. Neeraj will be the instructor for the vocal music.
Shivani Sinha Sola – Shivani is a spiritual counselor and healer and is the co-founder of Devas Unlimited. She will take the students though meditations before and after each lesson so as to enable them to go into silence.
- Swar abhyas (practice of the seven swaras or notes)
- Understanding the octaves
- Types of taals (Beats)
- Ornamentation of Alankars
- Kharaj riyaz (practice)
- Creation of Alankars
- Voice culturing
- Alankaras with komal swaras
- Bhava development
- You will receive two recorded lessons per week.
- You will also receive written notations and notes for the lessons.
- You are required to listen to the lesson and practice along with it.
- After completing learning lesson one, record the lesson as per the homework specified, in your voice and send it back to us.
- The teacher will listen to your recording and give you feedback wherever improvement or correction is needed.
- After completion of first week lessons, the lessons for the next week will be given to you.
- You are required to complete the lessons of the foundation course in maximum four months. The support of our teachers will be available to you for four months.
- Foundation course lasts for 3 months.
- Each recorded class itself will be for a duration of about 30 minutes.
- Classes will be given to you on Mondays and Thursdays. You are required to send us the completed/recorded exercise on Sundays.
MODE OF DELIVERY OF CLASS RECORDINGS
The course will be conducted via Slack (you can use the app or the desktop version). Details of workspace to access will be given to you on enrollment.
FEE & ENROLLMENT
Fee has to be paid on a monthly basis.
Please see the section on the right for enrollment!